Irrigation Protocol After Extractions
IRRIGATION PROTOCOL STARTING ON THE FOURTH DAY AFTER DENTAL EXTRACTIONS
On the third day after Surgery, start mouthwash irrigation (morning and night) at the extraction sites.
- Squeeze all of the air out of the syringe
- Draw up the mouthwash to fill the syringe
- Stand in front of the mirror
- Using one hand, gently pull out your cheek on the extraction site
- Using your other hand, hold the syringe aiming the tip of the syringe behind the last molar
tooth where the wisdom tooth was
- Gently squeeze the syringe to flush mouthwash onto the stitches and the gums where the
surgery was done
- Spit out the mouthwash (do not swallow the mouthwash)
- After rinsing all the extraction sites pull apart the syringe and rinse with clean water
Do You Have Missing Teeth or Serious Pain in Your Teeth or Jaw?
Call Us Now to Reclaim a Pain-Free, Confident Smile!